Living in Atlanta, GA, I know a little bit of something about heat and humidity. When the pollen count is up and the temperature is registering 95°F in the shade, the last thing I want to be doing is mowing the grass. This wasn’t always the case; as a teenager, I earned spending money and later gas money by mowing the neighbors’ yards in the heat of the Florida summer (I didn’t always live in Atlanta).
Your yard and your intranet have more in common than you might think:
- Left uncut, your yard will grow wild and unmanageable. When left ungoverned, your intranet will do the same.
- You need the right tools to properly maintain your yard: mower, edger, spreader, and more. You need the right skills to properly maintain your intranet: developers, user experience experts, designers, testers, project managers, content authors, and more.
- Unless you own a landscape company, lawn maintenance is most likely not your primary responsibility. For the majority of intranet owners, the intranet is not their primary work responsibility.
- Your lawn should make a good impression, neat and tidy grass with colorful flowers and plantings. Your intranet should reflect your brand and look great on multiple device formats.
Application Modernization Industry Quick Guides
Application modernization enables you to optimize business processes and transform the way you do business today, and in the future. Our industry experts have collected the latest application modernization trends impacting the automotive, financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing verticals.
I could probably go on, but you get the point. The decision to outsource my lawn responsibilities was not one I made easily. I resisted for years. It wasn’t until I had children that I realized that maybe my time could be better spent doing something else. That was 10 years ago, and my yard has never looked better. I’ve experienced some key benefits from hiring out my lawn duties:
- My yard is cut on a regular schedule, not when I can get around to it.
- My landscapers are experts; they do a better job than I ever could.
- I have free time to spend with my family and friends rather than mowing grass.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could realize similar benefits with your intranet? At Perficient, we are intranet and portal experts, and we have built Rise Intranet-as-a-Service to free you from your intranet management burden. With Rise Intranet-as-a-Service, you gain the benefit of our thousands of projects delivered with a solution that offers all of the commonly requested intranet features out of the box. Our dedicated team of intranet experts is continuously monitoring the SharePoint and Office 365 road map for new ways to bring value added features to the intranet. When there are issues, our support team is there to provide peace of mind.
Unlike traditional intranet projects, Rise is an Intranet-as-a-Service and continues to grow with your organization, delivering more value over time. Rise enables you to focus on content and configuration rather than development and testing, allowing even non-technical users to accomplish more. Rise Intranet-as-a-Service enables you to spend your time at work being productive, being collaborative, and getting more done.
It’s time to consider outsourcing your intranet to the Rise team. Then you can kick back with an ice cold glass of lemonade and leave the intranet to us! We’d love to show you how Rise can accelerate your intranet on Office 365 or on premise. Get in touch to schedule a demo.
Learn more in our latest guide: Accelerate Your SharePoint Intranet with Rise.