The healthcare industry has been transformed by government regulations such as Meaningful Use, which require providers to offer electronic health records to patients in an effort to engage and empower patients to be more accountable for their own care. One of the largest providers of healthcare services in the United States sought to innovate and modernize its patient portal to deliver an enhanced experience that goes beyond simple access to records and provides patients the ability to perform such tasks as pre-register for procedures, schedule follow-up appointments, receive education, and pay their bill.
We were asked to help take the patient portal to the next level and provide a highly personalized social experience on a single point of access for applications and customer experience. Integrated data from a variety of source systems allows patients to manage their health from anywhere, while a middleware caching solution built on RESTful APIs improves response time and the overall patient experience with features like find a doctor, make an appointment, bill pay, and sign-up for classes – all from a single view. The intuitive and evolving system meets the needs of facilities, clinicians and patients. The new patient portal has improved patient satisfaction and created a personalized experience while meeting federal guidelines for Meaningful Use criteria.
Opening the Door to Better Care:
- Compliance with the government’s Meaningful Use criteria around record keeping and access
- A unified platform for patient care, increasing patient satisfaction and enhancing overall experience
- Consolidation of many common tasks into one secure, easy-to-use patient portal that allows patients to access and manage their health from anywhere:
- Find a doctor
- Make an appointment
- Sign up for classes and events
- View details of recent hospital visits
- View hospital lab results
- Manage the health of your loved ones
- Pre-register for procedures
- View and pay hospital bills
Market-Driven Patient Engagement is just one of the trends we have identified in our Definitive Guide to Connected Health 2016, 10 Trends You Need to Know guide. Download the guide to learn more about this trend and the other 9 trends that are shaping the healthcare industry.