A compelling digital strategy aligns customer experiences, business execution, and the right technology as the market and your competition constantly evolve. Our Digital Essentials highlight the most compelling aspects of all three to help you react and respond to this ongoing evolution.
There have been rumors for a long time of Facebook working on a way to do eCommerce within their social network. However, there was no mention of it at Facebook’s most recent F8 conference. While people have been able to sell through Facebook, it has only been possible if you had a Shopify or Bigcommerce online store.
However, it looks like the Facebook Shop Section is in BETA. If launched, the Facebook Shop Section would allow anyone with a Page to create a Stripe account and set up a shop section. Little has been said by Facebook as they test the waters with this new feature that has the potential to be a huge revenue generator.
What all will Facebook’s Shop Section include? From what we know so far, users will be able to:
- Upload products and product information. There’s no need to have a preexisting product catalog uploaded anywhere beforehand, and no cap on how many products you can upload.
- Curate and customize your shop’s product catalog. You can divide your products into different collections and create a featured products section that prominently showcases 10 products.
- Sell directly from your Page. Once your products are uploaded, your customers can browse and buy them on any device without having to leave your Page.
- Manage orders. Mark orders as shipped, cancel orders and refund orders without leaving your Page.
- Run a Facebook ad to promote one of your products. Click Boost right on the product listing to show your product to more of the people you care about reaching.
- Get insights. See how many views, clicks and purchases each product has, and how much money each product has made you.
If all goes to plan based on the available information, it will be exciting to see this finally take off for Facebook.
Will you make a purchase in a Facebook Shop this upcoming holiday? Do you think users will trust entering their credit card into the social media website or app?
For more help on how to increase your site conversions, let us take a look and let you know where you can improve. Request a complimentary conversion rate optimization assessment.