2 Takeaways from #HIMSS16 Exhibit Day 2 - Perficient Blogs
Blog
  • Topics
  • Industries
  • Partners

Explore

Topics

Industries

Partners

2 Takeaways from #HIMSS16 Exhibit Day 2

Blog2

We have wrapped up day 2 at HIMSS. A day full of connecting with others in the healthcare industry and diving into conversations about the challenges and trends in healthcare. As a patient, I always enjoy the conversations about connected health and learning how organizations are putting the patient and their journey at the center. In order to put the patient at the center of their own care there are two critical pieces that healthcare organizations must address. These two components are data and digital and they are on the minds of many that are walking the exhibit floor at HIMSS.

Data: The ability to not only integrate device and system data to deliver a 360-degree view of the patient but to transform this data into insights to improve patient care were areas of interest from HIMSS attendees. Data is a powerful tool if it can be leveraged and used to predict outcomes and prevent illness. Healthcare organizations understand the importance of working together in order to share and exchange data – a critical component to improving patient outcomes and reducing healthcare costs.

Digital: The average patient only spends 1% of their time in the physician’s office; it’s the other 99% of the time that physicians need to be concerned with. Healthcare organizations are looking for ways to connect, engage and empower patients outside the traditional medical setting. Tools such as cloud, mobile and social are crucial to accomplishing this. Additionally, one of the cornerstones for digital transformation in healthcare is transforming the patient portal from a meaningful use portal to one that can be utilized as a powerful patient engagement tool.

While there are many topics and takeaways from #HIMSS16, most of my conversations today revolved around the 2-Ds, data and digital.

Bring on day 3!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Subscribe to the Weekly Blog Digest:

Sign Up