Health IT standards and health information interoperability are at the forefront of the healthcare industry. There are many challenges, unanswered questions and interested parties when it comes to the development of health IT standards and interoperability in healthcare. While advocates and leaders of standards and interoperability have their own opinions on the topic, I think we can all agree there is a need for standards and true interoperability is necessary to transcend healthcare. It is nice to see this topic front and center even if everyone isn’t on the same page.
There are many people contributing to the evolution of health IT standards and healthcare interoperability efforts – above are 15 Health IT Standards and Interoperability Rockstars You Should Know. Some are more active than others on Twitter – follow all 15 of these leaders here.
Good UX Means Good Business
In a world where technology is rapidly advancing and user expectations are rising, it’s no longer enough to have an average user experience; to delight your users and surpass your competition you must strive for the exceptional.
Included in the list are:
- Karen DeSalvo, MD National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC); Acting Assistant Secretary for Health Twitter ID: @KBDesalvo
- Doug Fridsma, MD President and CEO of the American Medical Informatics Association Twitter ID: @Fridsma
- Keith Boone Standards Geek, GE Healthcare Twitter ID: @Motorcycle_Guy
- Brian Ahier Director of Standards and Government Affairs at Medicity Twitter ID: @ahier
- Rasu Shrestha, MD Chief Innovation Officer at UMPC and President, UPMC Technology Development Center Twitter ID: @RasuShrestha
- Erica Galvez Interoperability Portfolio Manager at Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT Twitter ID: @EricaGalvez
- Grahame Grieve Principal at Health Intersections Pty Ltd, Melbourne area, Australia Twitter ID: @GrahameGrieve
- Steven Posnack Director of Federal Policy Division, ONC Twitter ID: @HealthIT_Policy
- John Halamka CIO of BIDMC, Harvard Medical School Twitter ID: @jhalamka
- Josh Mandel Lead Architect for the SMART project, Harvard Medical School Twitter ID: @JoshCMandel
- Charles, Jaffe, MD, PhD Chief Executive Officer, HL7 Twitter ID: @cjaffemd
- Stanley Huff, MD Chief Medical Informatics Officer at Intermountain Healthcare Twitter ID: @StanHuff52
- Joyce Sensmeier, RN HIMSS VP of Informatics, President of IHE USA, co-founder and ex- officio chair of the Alliance for Nursing Informatics Twitter ID: @JoyceSensmeier
- David McCallie, Jr., MD Senior Vice President, Medical Informatics, Cerner Corporation Twitter ID: @dmccallie
- Gilad Kuperman, MD Director of Interoperability Informatics at New York- Presbyterian Hospital Twitter ID: @GilKuperman
Follow me @KateDTuttle