The hour-long session drew 104 healthcare professionals who posted 980 tweets in response to five questions centered how the industry could benefit from the retail industry’s best consumer experience practices.
For those unfamiliar with the hashtag, #HITsm is an acronym for “healthcare IT social media.” HL7’s weekly #HITsm tweet chats encourage the exchange of ideas and best practices on current health IT topics.
The moderator of Friday’s tweet chat, Kate Tuttle, Healthcare Industry Marketing Manager at Perficient, posed the following questions:
- T1: Should patients be considered consumers?
- T2: What does retail do well that healthcare can learn from?
- T3: How can healthcare organizations “consumerize” their business?
- T4: What does it mean to think about population health like a retailer?
- T5: How can healthcare organizations motivate and change patient behavior?
Here are just some of the insights from participants:
We’re continuing the conversation on Tuesday, March 31, and hope you can join us.
[pardot-form height=”800″ id=”34980″ title=”Healthcare: 2015-3-31: Webinar BLOG form: A Real Retail Strategy for Healthcare”]