I came across NRF’s infographic on the Top 2014 Back-to-School and College Trends.
Let’s break this down and look at how the new “connected consumer” era of retail is impacting shopping trends through digital and technology channels. Here are 5 top digital trends from the survey:
- 44% will purchase items online, up from 37% last year
- More back-to-college shoppers own a smartphone (76%) and/or a tablet (45%) than ever seen in the history of the NRF survey.
- 54% will use a tablet to shop online this season for back-to-college needs
- 57% will use their smartphone for back-to-college shopping
- Spending on laptops, desktop computers, tablets and other electronics is up 20% over last year, and it’s the highest it’s been since 2009.
A compelling digital strategy aligns customer experiences, business execution, and the right technology as the market and your competition constantly evolve. Our Digital Essentials highlight the most compelling aspects of all three to help you react and respond to this ongoing evolution.
View the infographic below, or check it out online here.
Infographic provided by National Retail Federation