When preparing to deploy the OpenPages platform, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Determine which server environment you will deploy to – Windows or AIX.
- Determine your topology – how many servers will you include as part of the environment? Multiple application servers? 1 or more reporting servers?
- Perform the installation of the OpenPages prerequisite software for the chosen environment -and for each server’s designed purpose (database, application or reporting).
- Perform the OpenPages installation, being conscious of the software that is installed as part of that process.
Depending upon your needs, you may find that you’ll want to use separate servers for your application, database and reporting servers. In addition, you may want to add additional application or reporting servers to your topology.
After the topology is determined you can use the following information to prepare your environment. I recommend clean installs (meaning starting with fresh or new machines and VM’s are just fine (“The VMWare performance on a virtualized system is comparable to native hardware. You can use the OpenPages hardware requirements for sizing VM environments” – IBM).
(Note – this is if you’ve chosen to go Oracle rather than DB2):
MS Windows Severs
All servers that will be part of the OpenPages environment must have the following installed before proceeding:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and later Service Packs (64-bit operating system)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 (or 8.0 in Compatibility View mode)
- A file compression utility, such as WinZip
- A PDF reader (such as Adobe Acrobat)
The Database Server
In addition to the above “all servers” software, your database server will require the following software:
- Oracle 11gR2 (18.104.22.168) and any higher Patch Set – the minimum requirement is Oracle 22.214.171.124 October 2010 Critical Patch Update.
Again, in addition to the above “all servers” software, the server that hosts the OpenPages application modules should have the following software installed:
- JDK 1.6 or greater, 64-bit Note: This is a prerequisite only if your OpenPages product does not include WebLogic Server.
- Application Server Software (one of the following two options)
o IBM Websphere Application Server ND 126.96.36.199 and any higher Fix Pack Note: Minimum requirement is Websphere 188.8.131.52.
o Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.2 and any higher Patch Set Note: Minimum requirement is Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.2. This is a prerequisite only if your OpenPages product does not include Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Oracle Database Client 11gR2 (184.108.40.206) and any higher Patch Set
The server that you intend to host the OpenPages CommandCenter must have the following software installed (in addition to the above “all servers” software):
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 or Apache HTTP Server 2.2.14 or greater
- Oracle Database Client 11g R2 (220.127.116.11) and any higher Patch Set
During the OpenPages Installation Process
As part of the OpenPages installation, the following is installed automatically:
For Oracle WebLogic Server & IBM WebSphere Application Server environments:
- The OpenPages application
- Fujitsu Interstage Business Process Manager (BPM) 10.1
- IBM Cognos 10.2
- OpenPages CommandCenter
- JRE 1.6 or greater
If your OpenPages product includes the Oracle WebLogic Server:
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10.3.2
If your OpenPages product includes the Oracle Database:
- Oracle Database Server Oracle 11G Release 2 (18.104.22.168) Standard Edition with October 2010 CPU Patch (on a database server system)
- Oracle Database Client 11g Release 2 (22.214.171.124) with October 2010 CPU Patch applied 64-bit (on an application server system)
- Oracle Database Client 11g Release 2 (126.96.36.199) with October 2010 CPU Patch applied 32-bit (on a reporting server system)