The IT Leader's Guide to Multicloud Readiness
This guide provides practical key insights and important factors to consider to make informed decisions in your multicloud journey.
Greetings from San Diego and my inaugural post from my new Surface Pro!
Lync Conference got off to a great start on Monday evening with the welcome reception and mingling at the exhibit hall. It was a great time for all of us Lync’ers to meet and greet, exchange information and see some great solutions focused around Lync 2013. The Perficient team is well represented here with folks from our marketing team, business development team and of course UC consultants!
Tuesday got off to a bang with a keynote from Microsoft Skype Division President, Tony Bates and Corporate Vice President, Derek Burney. Some highlights from the keynote include:
- The world’s first public demo of full voice and video over IP capabilities of the Lync mobile client on Windows Phone 8, iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- The world’s first public demo of Lync and Skype federation demonstrating IM, Presence and Voice
- Announcement of roadmap for the next 18 months, including:
- Quarterly updates for Lync Online
- Enterprise Voice for Lync Online
- Video federation for Lync / Skype
- Interoperability between Lync and video telepresence devices
This was definitely a great start to the conference and everyone I’ve spoken to was excited about the demos and the sharing of the vision and roadmap. There is no doubt that Lync 2013 is a truly world-class unified communications system with strong community and vendor support.
The breakout sessions have been outstanding, I will post more about those later as I am sitting in one of the session rooms and the next one is about to start!
Stay tuned for more updates from the conference!