This is the second part of “Placeholders in the CMC – Business Objects”, please see the first part here
10. Placeholder List
Table Placeholder Variables
|Title||%SI_NAME%||Report title, it is same as report rpt name|
|ID||%SI_ID%||InfoStore SI_ID value, System ID|
|Owner||%SI_OWNER%||Report owner who schedules the report|
|DateTime||%SI_STARTTIME%||Date and time report was run, YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS|
|User Full Name||%SI_USERFULLNAME%||Report owner full name, set in the properties page in Users and Groups setting|
|Email Address||%SI_EMAIL_ADDRESS%||Report owner E-mail address, set in the properties page in Users and Groups setting|
|Document Name||%SI_DOCUMENT_NAME%||Report document name|
|File Extension||%EXT%||File extension, set in the Format step – Format Options|
|Viewer Hyperlink||%SI_VIEWER_URL%||URL to view report, check more belo|
11. For “Viewer Hyperlink”, we can set it from Applications -> CMC -> Processing Settings
12. So, for Notification setting, we can configure it like below:
13. To keep the placeholder setting, we’d better set it in “Default Settings”. The Schedule steps will copy the default settings, and we can customize them if necessary.
In this post, I illustrate the schedule placeholder variables in details. These variables help us manage report scheduling easier and with less effort, especially when we schedule report to a file system, and we configure email notification for success or failure.
There are several know issues regarding placeholders, they are:
- The format of %SI_STARTTIME% is not configurable. It is fixed as “YYYY-MM-DD-HH-MM-SS”. In the BOB forum, I see a lot people ask to set it differently. Another case is some people would like to remove time element, such as YYYYMMDD. From some discussion I know there is a hidden placeholder named %SI_STARTDATE% can help. But I didn’t get it work for the report schedule page, and some others reported the same problem. It turns out it works for publisher and need some further validation.
- %SI_DOCUMENT_NAME% cannot be evaluated during the report scheduling, either. It is displayed plain as %SI_DOCUMENT_NAME% in the export file name.