IBM Connections continues to be a hot topic with clients. This past weekend IBM released the latest version of Connections – 18.104.22.168. In this latest release, IBM has added support for Redhat EL 6.1, Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 9, and Sametime 8.5.2. There also lots of fixes included.
In addition, IBM just uploaded a newer version of their Connections Plug-in for Windows to the Solution Catalog. The plug-in provides a great way to integrate Connections into your desktop. It provides the following features:
- Upload files for personal use or to share with others
- Upload files to a community or attach them to an Activity
- Share existing Connections files with other users or with a community
- Drag and drop files from your desktop to Connections Files or to a community
- View and manage versions of your files
- Add comments to files or recommend files
- Edit and publish local drafts to Connections
- Pin or follow folders and files for easier tracking
- View business cards for people and invite them to your network
- Easily access all Connections features via browser links
Luis Benitez posted the video shown here to YouTube so you can see first hand all that you can do.