Choosing a Global Software Development Partner to Accelerate Your Digital Strategy
To be successful and outpace the competition, you need a software development partner that excels in exactly the type of digital projects you are now faced with accelerating, and in the most cost effective and optimized way possible.
Gartner highlighted the CIO of Sesame Workshop, Noah Broadwater. What’s interesting is the sophistication of their network of sites and content. Here are some highlights:
- Use Liferay for portal. Scales nicely and they contribute to the open source community
- Heavily use Flash and are starting to create Adobe Air applications
- Use Akamai to stream content throughout the world
- Use Liferay Journal and Alfresco for content and digital asset management.
- Moved from Joomla because PHP is a security nightmare and doesn’t scale all that well.
- Big Bird tweets (how appropriate). He logs in and tweets. Other tweets come from blogs etc.
- Use portlet to publish blogs. The CEO blogs, a variety of characters blogs.
- Advertising model is completely portlet based.
- They publish one piece of content to multiple sites.
- Use Google Analytics. This is important because their entire business is very interested about it. Asset tagging is an evolutionary process and analytics help you understand what works.