by October 23rd, 2013on
@ChrisCrummey is IBM social evangelist and he gives a great presentation. He shows us what an IBM’er in in the digital world
A digital IBM’er is smart, social, and secure. He or she has no office, employes next generation employees, and has a more informal voice
Note: IBM CIO says
- IBM to become the preeminent social enterprise
- Social will become the new production and IBM’ers will be measure on how much you share
- Steven Mills refers to social as the collective intelligence
- The customer experience is tied directly to employee engagement
- The Wisdom of the crowds can figure it out. The average of a query for how many jelly beans in a jar came up with a number off by just 4 jelly beans.
- Employees: make my job easier. share documents without email.
- HR: figure out who is important by digital repuation, by sales recognition, who can get a new employee up to speed?
- Line of business: how to find out what makes aperson successful and how to share
- Executive: using video blogs, blogs, micro-blogs, as a massive communication channel
- I’m as smart as the experts but five minutes later
- While I was sleeping my network was working for me
- Tripped on this knowledge nugget. Helped the customer right away and made me look like a god.
- Note that the value comes from the consumption of the content. That’s why IBM’s CEO does video blogs and sponsors the knowledge academy.
What are the key key use cases for social?
- Expertise locator
- Sales Connect
- Customer Collaboration
Here’s a video of Chris so you understand who he is. He’s better in person, make more jokes.