When working with several clients to get them started with SharePoint Online, many clients are not yet ready to give users the full functionality/customizations that the “My Site” feature provides. Whether it is the social features, personal features, or just the creation of a personal site, many clients feel like they need their users need to have more training/conformability with SharePoint before giving them access. These features are now relatively easy to turn off, if you know where to look for them.
- Go to the “SharePoint Online Administration Center”
- Go to “Manage User Profiles”
- Under the “People” tab select “Manage User Permissions”
- Now add/select the users or accounts you want to disable the functionality for
- Next you will have check boxes for the “My Site” functionality where you can easily disable any or all of the functions.
*Note: To disable the functionality for all users, use the “spo-grid-all-users” account.