by November 28th, 2012on
The healthcare IT field is rapidly developing and changing. Emerging technology and updated regulations put pressure on healthcare providers and health plans to stay ahead of the curve. Perficient creates a monthly list that explores some of the current topics and issues in health IT. This list examines the most talked about issues and technologies that are currently affecting the industry.
Predictive analytics are able to help healthcare organizations manage clinical issues in a timely manner and analyze statistical data to identify potentially preventable conditions. Doing so can not only help organizations meet accountable care objectives, it is also able to reduce costs, waste and fraud. Providers are able to proactively provide better care, reduce costs, and more effectively meet industry standards.
- Leveraging Advanced Analytics to Successfully Reduce Hospital Readmissions
- A Healthy Dose of BI And Analytics Makes For Smarter Medicine
- Global Healthcare Analytics/Medical Analytics Market worth $10.8 Billion by 2017
Social networking and collaboration tools provide one-to-one streams of interactive communication which enable patients to seek out information about diseases and treatment options. Social tools can also be used to facilitate collaboration within the enterprise between clinicians, researchers, and partners.
- Hospitals check into social media
- 9 ways to strengthen your hospital’s social media plan
- Hospital Social Media Use Infographic
- Should Your Doctor Be Following You On Twitter?