by November 23rd, 2015on
Imagine if Disney had its very own version of Netflix, complete with movies, TV shows, music and books. This little piece of Disney magic is now a reality if you live in the UK.
DisneyLife is a subscription based app, where for £9.99 a month, subscribers will get access to personalized profiles for up to six family members. The app is compatible with both iOS and Android devices and includes parental controls to ensure that little eyes are only seeing what you want them to see. Movies, books and TV shows are also available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Once you log-in, there will be no annoying in-app purchases. Your subscription fee covers so much that even Elsa won’t want to let it go:
- Popular Disney artists
- Disney Princesses
- Movie soundtracks like Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story and Lion King
Disney Kids TV
- Full-seasons from Disney Junior
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Other Disney classics
- Disney novels
- Classic movie stories
- Bedtime reading such as fairies, Toy Story, Frozen and more
- Disney classics
- Pixar movies
- Exclusive clips, bonus materials, and behind the scenes features
- Disney and Pixar Mini Movies
- Classic Mickey Mouse movies
- Behind the scenes features
- One free downloadable app every month (of your choosing)
Disney is embracing digital transformation in a big way with this subscription based model where you can carry the magic of Disney in your pocket, your car or in your own living room.
The company has not ruled out bringing this service to the U.S., but currently has a lot of it’s content tied up in other deals with providers such as Netflix.
With such a strong, loyal fanbase, I’ll be excited to see how well this is embraced. For £120 a year for unlimited access to Disney and Pixar content, DisneyLife could make your mobile device the happiest place on earth.